Websites For Patients
To track your asthma and to develop a healthier lifestyle click on the following link:
You'll Find Tools, Tips, and Advice on:
- Ideas about food and nutrition to help you to make healthier choices
- A variety of delicious and healthy recipes
- An Activity Planning tool that helps you reach your fitness goals
- Ideas to help you get and stay fit
- Information from trusted sources on health and wellness
- Resources to help make caregiving easier and more organized
- Ways to make the most of doctor visits for the person in your care
www.allergyandasthmarelief.org - The American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology has a new campaign to educate patients on how allergists can help treat and relieve your symptoms.
www.allergyassoc.net - our website, which has useful information for many of the medical conditions listed below and has links to the websites below; it also has information about our practice.
Allergy And Asthma
- www.quackwatch.com Allergies: Dubious Diagnosis and Treatment
- Asthma Myths. Can you separate fact from fiction about asthma?
- www.allergyadvisor.com Allergy Advisor for the assessment and management of adverse reactions due to allergy, food intolerance, additives, preservatives and substances naturally occurring in food and the environment.
- www.breatherille.org Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics (AANMA). A refreshing new approach to living with allergies and asthma.
- www.pollen.com - sign up to receive e-mails with the local pollen forecast
- www.niehs.nih.gov/airborne - site of the National Institute of Environmental and Health Sciences
- www.aanma.org - Allergy and Asthma Network/Mothers of Asthmatics, Inc.
- www.aafa.org - Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America
- www.nhlbi.nih.gov/about/org/naepp - National Asthma Education Program; also has information on COPD (smoking related lung disease, such as emphysema)
- www.lungusa.org - American Lung Association; also has information on other lung diseases
- www.acaai.org - official site for the American College of allergy, Asthma, and Immunology*
- www.aaaai.org - official site for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology*
- www.nationaljewish.org - site for National Jewish Medical and Research Center*
- www.allergyandasthmarelief.org - sponsored by the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Atopic Dermatitis/Contact Dermatitis/Latex Allergy
Assistance For Prescription Drug Coverage
- www.together-rx.com - prescription assistance for Medicare patients without any prescription drug coverage and annual income of less than $28,000 for individuals and less than $38,000 for couples; only available until 2006, when government prescription assistance will go into effect
- www.rxassist.org - prescription assistance for generic medications for patients with incomes up to 250% of the federal poverty income level ($47,000 for a family of four)
Other Websites That May Be Useful
* Denotes duplicate websites